Wax - Gel Wax
Gel wax, also known as jelly wax is a clear, dimensionally stable, jelly-like material made from specially processed mineral oils. Our gel wax is imported from USA and will not expire over time if stored in a cool, dark place free from moisture. Gel wax is extremely easy to use, clean up and re-melt for reuse.
- Candle makers use gel wax to create a variety of special effects and is also suitable for making decorative container candles
- It can be dyed, have fragrances added and items embedded in it
- Gel wax burns cooler compared to traditional wax and is lower in soot emissions
- To create floating objects, pour wax in different layers. Do take note that the faster you pour, the more air bubble there will be.
- Gel Wax is ideal for creating beach scenes, aquariums, underwater scenes and tropical sodas.
- Always test fragrances and essential oils, as not all fragrance oil and essential oils are compatible with gel wax.
- Do remember that embedding items used in the wax must be non-flammable. Also, please ensure to melt the wax on low constant heat under supervision as it may burn.
Melt Point: 175°F
Recommended Fragrance Oil Load: 3 - 4%
Recommended Temp To Add FO To Melted Wax: 170°F
Recommended Pour Temp: 160°F (+/- 5°)
Waxes can perform differently depending on the climate. Based on our testing, this is what we find works best for tropical climates. We always advice our customers to conduct their own testing as waxes can work differently based on the candle wicks or fragrance oil used.